Great Coffee Recipes
These traditional Northern Italian recipes have been in our family for years. We are pleased to share them with you and the ones you love. We have tested them and they work especially well with our gourmet coffee products.
Francesco’s original recipe for Tiramisu yields enough for 6 adults.
Italian for “Pick me up”. Tiramisu is sometimes written as two words Tirami Su. One word or two, it’s a tasty Italian treat. You will need a pan having approximately these dimensions 7″ x 10″ and about 3″ deep. DO NOT GREASE THIS PAN.
For authentic Italian taste use real Mascarpone cheese and an authentic Italian espresso like Francesco’s Espresso Il Cremoso or Espresso Garibaldi. You can experiment with different coffees to change the taste of the recipe to your liking.
NOTE: You might sometimes see this recipe with various liqueurs, and while adding liqueur to tiramisu is not standard practice. Then again, what is? We just prefer to drink our unadulterated liqueur alongside the fine dessert we have just prepared.
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of Mascarpone cheese
- 2 packages of lady finger cookies
- 6 espresso cups of Francesco’s Cremoso “A” espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon Real cocoa powder
1. Prepare the 6 cups of Francesco’s Cremoso “A” espresso.
2. Pour into a shallow pan, place in the refrigerator and wait 20 minutes for the coffee to cool.
3. Separate eggs and whip whites to a foam-like consistency. Put in refrigerator to chill.
4. Mix sugar into the 6 egg yokes and whip until the mix has a smooth creamy texture.
5. Add Mascarpone cheese to egg yolk and sugar mixture and keep on mixing until perfectly blended into the mixture.
6. Fold egg whites into yolk mixture until you have a smooth custard-like cream.
7. Immerse each lady finger biscuit for approximately 1-2 seconds in Francesco’s Cremoso “A” espresso and place in the pan.
8. When the first layer is complete, cover with cream. Do not use all of the cream as you will need it for the next layer.
9. Lay down another layer of coffee soaked lady fingers.
10. Cover with the remainder of the cream.
11. Sprinkle cocoa powder to taste.
12. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.